Douglas W. Salvesen
One Tech Drive, Suite 205 Andover, MA 01810-2452
Tel. (617) 381-4402
Upon being admitted to the bar, Doug joined Choate, Hall & Stewart in Boston, where he developed a broad federal and state court litigation practice representing businesses and individuals in various disputes. In 1994, Doug became associated with Todd & Weld. He joined Yurko, Salvesen & Remz two years later. In 2021, he became of counsel to the newly formed firm of Yurko Partners, PC. In all aspects of his practice, Doug seeks to develop with his clients a creative, cost-effective litigation strategy to resolve their disputes. Doug is a trial attorney who has successfully represented clients in contract, business and other commercial litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, employment law matters, copyright claims, and ERISA claims. He has tried a number of jury and non-jury cases to conclusion and has extensive appellate experience.
Articles & Publications
- Appeals Court Casts Aside Side Agreement, REBA News, January 2013
- Supreme Court to hear separation of powers issue within title insurance kickback case, REBA News, October 2011
- Author of Massachusetts chapter in three volume compendium, Insurance & Tort Desk Reference Book, 1993
- The Mandatory Pro Bono Service Dilemma: A Way Out of the Thicket, 82 Massachusetts Law Review 197, June 1997
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1987, magna cum laude
- G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar. Editor, of the Boston University Law Review.
- Yale College, B.A., 1981
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent™
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers®, 2005-present
- 2001 William J. Ledoux Award, Massachusetts Clients Security Board of the Supreme Judicial Court in recognition of outstanding representation of claimants before the Board.
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Lawyer of the Year 2001. Recognized as one of ten outstanding Massachusetts lawyers in connection with decision in Massachusetts Conveyancers’ Association, Inc., et al. v. Colonial Title & Escrow, Inc., et al.
- Co-Chair, Litigation Committee, Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (REBA)
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association; Access to Justice Section - Section Chair, 1997 - 1998
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Frank J. Murray Inn of Court
- Advisor, Harvard Trial Advocacy Program at Harvard Law School, 1988-present
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Correctional Legal Services, Inc., 1991-2005; Chairman of Board, 2001-2003